EQ5 GOTO power supply

Looking for advice on a portable power supply for an EQ5 Pro GOTO which I'm hoping to get soon. Initially for visual observing, but perhaps dabbling in imaging.

I've read that leisure batteries work well.

I was thinking of something like this https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/88-ah-xplorer-leisure-battery/

With an adapter something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUNCAN-Cigarette-Terminal-Connector-Extension/dp/B01N2O153Z

Any advice gratefully received.

Patrick

good plan to hard-wire to the battery, saves accidentally getting the terminals mixed up in the dark :) 

I went with a LiPo jump-start pack as its so much lighter/more compact and that works ok, but check what the max power-draw is on the 12v output and also the min as some apparently can shut off the output if the drain is too low. I added a buck converter tho since open circuit it was reading >15v and I didn't fancy risking the GoTo boards. Now it gives a stable 12v and the mount seems quite happy.

If you do stay with lead batteries, the leisure type is a far better option than car or small SLA's. Another choice is LiFePo tpes, much lighter and safer than LiPo but quite pricey.

25 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

good plan to hard-wire to the battery, saves accidentally getting the terminals mixed up in the dark :) 

I went with a LiPo jump-start pack as its so much lighter/more compact and that works ok, but check what the max power-draw is on the 12v output and also the min as some apparently can shut off the output if the drain is too low. I added a buck converter tho since open circuit it was reading >15v and I didn't fancy risking the GoTo boards. Now it gives a stable 12v and the mount seems quite happy.

If you do stay with lead batteries, the leisure type is a far better option than car or small SLA's. Another choice is LiFePo tpes, much lighter and safer than LiPo but quite pricey.

Thanks for that. Which jump starter do you use. Do you know it's Ah ?