NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

vdb14 reflection nebula in Camelopardalis LRGB

gorann

It finally cleared, and not only for one night but for three! Here is the result for the first two nights, mainly the second since the wind messed up much of the first one. Now it has calmed down but rain is back....

RGB collected with ASI071 on Esprit 150 with 0.79 x reducer, and Lum collected with ASI1600 on Esprit 100 (side by side on the Mesu), totally 12 hours. I also had my new traveling scope, a new small TS 71mm quadrouple Apo, piggy backing on the rig but have not had time to look at that data yet.

20200219 vdB14 LRGB PS41smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 13

25 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

What a great image and great object! Superb.

Our dual refractor is working away as I type. Nice system to use.

Olly

Thanks a lot Olly, much appreciated coming from you! Yes, doual rigs is the minimum requirement when skies are as they are....

Excellent image, Göran.

3 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, doual rigs is the minimum requirement when skies are as they are....

Hmm, my mount won't carry two mn190's. Sometime in the (probably distant) future, I must join the Mesu elite. Until then, I can only Muse over the idea. 🙂

10 hours ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image, Göran.

Hmm, my mount won't carry two mn190's. Sometime in the (probably distant) future, I must join the Mesu elite. Until then, I can only Muse over the idea. 🙂

Thanks Wim!

I updated the image here this morning after having found more dust in the Lum data.

Mesu is the way to go!