NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to setup Meade etx90 goto EQ mode??

I have gone and got a Meade etx 90 with the deluxe fields tripod that has the latitude adjustment but I can't for the life of me find out how to switch from Alt-Az to EQ mode..

I was told that this scope can indeed track in both as the tripod is even designed for this scope.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Is the mounting plate is like the one shown in the youtube video?  ...then watch from 2m56s

It is the same. But that video shows nothing about actually setting it up. I can't find anything on the internet or Meade's website with actual instructions.

4 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Alt-Az = alt-azimuth... up/down, i.e similar to a basic camera tripod head.

EQ = equatorial... needs to be set to your latitude before use, not during use.

I understand this, I mean there is no instructions on the internet on how to change the mounts alignment process from Alt-Az to polar or EQ mode.

I will add I am not new to telescopes, only new to goto mounts.

I've had plenty of normal tracking EQ mounts in the past.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Apologies for the confusion. I thought you was a complete newbie and wanted to know the difference between alt-az and eq and it was your first 'scope. :icon_salut:

Its fine. I've sorted it now. Well hopefully have... But we will see when it's a clear sky

• Thanks 1

Hahaha....did you hear that?! He said “clear sky” do you know what you’ve done?, I’ve bought two new refractors and that’s cloudy skies forever!

chaz

Edited by Chaz2b

49 minutes ago, Chaz2b said:

Hahaha....did you hear that?! He said “clear sky” do you know what you’ve done?, I’ve bought two new refractors and that’s cloudy skies forever!

chaz

I think I cursed the skies when I used to skateboard back in the day. 

Why I pick hobbies that revolve around good weather I will never know.

• Haha 1