IDAS filter, help required.

I have a IDAS VLC -34 58mm filter, looking it up doesn’t give me much info, what I have found so far that it is a white balance filter fitted to the front of the lens on modified dslr’s.

I cannot find what VLC means nor 34, plus I cannot find as to what application you would use it in. I do know it has Ion Gun Assisted Deposition applied giving it durability, and I’m fully aware of IDAS quality.

I need to know what it is I have so I can ascertain if I will ever use it. Any assistance will be gratefully received.

chaz.

19272D97-FF62-4A07-BF33-02895409AE3E.jpeg

These are IDAS VLC(daylight) filters for modified cameras, which convert the color balance back to the original. The body-mounted types allow to use wide angle lenses too. Now Hutech makes special offer for Canon and Nikon APS-C camera users with limited quantities.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/digiborg.wordpress.com/2018/11/06/idas-daylight-filters-for-medium-format-cameras/amp/

• Thanks 1