Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to connect m48 t ring to telescope

IamLost

I recently bought an m48 t ring to connect my canon camera to my telescope, but don’t know what to connect the other end of the ring to. Also, how would I attach a 1.25” filter to the setup as well. The telescope I have is a skywatcher ed80. Thanks.

Edited by IamLost

35 minutes ago, IamLost said:

I recently bought an m48 t ring to connect my canon camera to my telescope, but don’t know what to connect the other end of the ring to. Also, how would I attach a 1.25” filter to the setup as well. The telescope I have is a skywatcher ed80. Thanks.

I think don't own an ed80 the M48 attaches directly to the drawtube on the focuser did you buy the scope new? as in the box if you bought the scope with all accessories finder diag etc etc There is also a 2” T ring camera adapter and a short extension tube. yes or no? then you can attach filters to that or buy an 1.25 adaptor like this

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-1-25-inch-t-mount-camera-nosepiece-adapter.html

4 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

I think don't own an ed80 the M48 attaches directly to the drawtube on the focuser did you buy the scope new? as in the box if you bought the scope with all accessories finder diag etc etc There is also a 2” T ring camera adapter and a short extension tube. yes or no? then you can attach filters to that or buy an 1.25 adaptor like this

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-1-25-inch-t-mount-camera-nosepiece-adapter.html

Yes I bought it new. The box didn’t contain a 2” ring but there was a smaller T-adapter tube thing but it doesn’t fit my m48