NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to do a live webcast of night sky to family

I was thinking of doing a small live webcast for a small collection of family and friends using my phone and an adapter.
Anybody done this?
Clearly I need to get a (reasonably priced) phone adapter and some wifi-coverage in the back yard.
I was thinking of using Skype or WattsApp to make a private group video call so the extended family could enjoy something of the night sky.

Any suggestions welcome.

Sounds good.  It would work quite well I think.  No real difference from a skype call other than other than the webcam / phone view is through the scope?

Could use a wifi extender from a ground floor room, that should be able to cover the garden.  I think it's a great idea.

Cheers Steve

• Thanks 1

I suggest trying out the idea without the friends and family, so you have an appreciation of any difficulties involved.  How, for instance, are you going to find the objects and keep them in the field of view?  How wide is the effective field of view?

I was going to start with the moon. Also thinking of using a zoom ep, bit probably just stay with one subject for a short look.

Relying on the goto  to find and track. 

I've got a projection ep somewhere,.... Evening project to rummage in boxes of bits....

• Like 2