Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to connect DSLR to telescope

IamLost

I recently bought a skywatcher ED80 and was wondering how I can connect it to my canon 750d (I.e. what accessories do i need). The telescope came with this thing that said T ring but i can’t see how it’ll attach to the camera. Also, would I be able to connect a Barlow and a 1.25” filter to it? Thanks for any help.

The T-ring should have a bayonet connector that fits on the body of the canon, without any lenses attached. The other side of the ring screws into the field flattener of your scope. 

The T-ring should look like this 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/skywatcher-dslr-m48-ring-adapter.html

Edited by wimvb

39 minutes ago, wimvb said:

The T-ring should have a bayonet connector that fits on the body of the canon, without any lenses attached. The other side of the ring screws into the field flattener of your scope. 

The T-ring should look like this 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/skywatcher-dslr-m48-ring-adapter.html

Sorry I got it wrong. I checked the part and it said T-adapter. Is that the part that I connect to the m48 ring?

I had the same issues when i first bought my Nikon D3500 for astrophotography. I had no idea how to connect the DSLR to my Nexstar 6SE so i watched a few Youtube videos of how to do it and i found two ways to attach the camera. 

1. Attach the T-ring to the camera and attach the Barlow lens onto it by screwingit into the T-ring (using its built in ridges) and inserting it into the star diagonal on the  telescope like a normal lens.

2. Attach the DSLR and T-adaptor directly onto the back of the telescope body using the tube of the telescope as a giant lens for the camera

try watching this

6 minutes ago, Anakin Skywalker said:

I had the same issues when i first bought my Nikon D3500 for astrophotography. I had no idea how to connect the DSLR to my Nexstar 6SE so i watched a few Youtube videos of how to do it and i found two ways to attach the camera. 

1. Attach the T-ring to the camera and attach the Barlow lens onto it by screwingit into the T-ring (using its built in ridges) and inserting it into the star diagonal on the  telescope like a normal lens.

2. Attach the DSLR and T-adaptor directly onto the back of the telescope body using the tube of the telescope as a giant lens for the camera

try watching this

Thanks for the info :)

• Like 1

I've used the same technique in the first video attaching to a refractor but the 2" PF Adapter also allows you to use with a 2" diagonal if that's what you have on your refractor . It keeps you from having to bend down to see the screen for liveview or looking through the camera viewer . I also use the same adapter with a 2" diagonal for my SCT 8" Celestron . When i use an EP i use a Tele-Extender on the SCT without the diagonal . The 2" PF Adapter is a fantastic piece of equipment used for imaging !

• 3 weeks later...