NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AVI STACK

OK struggling with this software, can anyone offer any help.

When I load an AVI file into avi stack it shows multiple images and not individual frames, see screen shot. If I then selecta frame and the the first two alignement points the software does its thing then throws up an error. I think I need to see a single frame when first loading an avi stack, just cannot figure it out.

cheers,

Dave

post-14400-133877351485_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave

Select your Avi the first screen should show one frame from that Avi.

Click set alignment points- left mouse button for P1 right mouse button for P2.

Click apply bottom left.

This should take you back to the original screen showing just one frame then click align frames.

After the alignment has run you will get a graph show up showing deviation pull the slider down to say 3 pixels (as an example) and click apply it will then generate an average frame.

Click set cut offs then click set r points don’t move any sliders till you get it working correctly you can always reload your Avi later.

You should see a coloured image with lots of small crosses click calculate quality you should have a screen running with lots of boxes on it wait till it finishes.

Close the graph that pops up.

Click align reference points after it finishes save as PNG Fits or Tiff

Then take the image into Registax and adjust the wavelets.

Trev.

Thanks Trev for the tips.

My problem seems to be loading the avi in the first place. When selecting an avi I see multiple frames displayed as in the screenshot.

I noticed the default screen size on the software is larger than my camera capture size which is 640x480. I was wondering if this could be an issue

Dave

Dave

When you open Avistack does the screen size say 1024x768 ?

Tried that Trev, no different.Even tried loading a different avi from a different type of camera, same effect.

A puzzle for sure.

Thanks for the help by the way

Dave

Correct Trev yes it does

That’s the same as I use with 640x480, try going to settings- restore default, if that fails have you another Avi you could try?

Arghhhhhh

It wont take my Lum 075 in 8 bit or 12 bit Ser.

At least you get an image on the first screen.

It takes the DMK ok though.

Maybe thats it then. I will give up for now. Missus just rang with a cracked windscreen on the car so better get that sorted.

Cheers for the help Trev much appreciated.

Have a good Christmas.

Dave

Archived