NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

bresser 76 - 700 Problem, I hope for help

kaka17

This is the telescope I think

https://www.bresser.de/en/Astronomy/BRESSER-Venus-76-700-AZ-Reflector-telescope-with-Smartphone-Camera-Adapter.html

I suspect you could use it without the trim lever. This is fine adjustment of altitude which isn't essential.

The u shaped bit it is unclear but you might make something using a bolt or two to fix the tripod legs.

The u shaped locking bolt you also might be able to live without it. Does that centre post move up and down, it might just be you use it at the lowest height or if it locks azimuth movement then leave it free moving.

A dobsonian mount often used for a reflector is a mount that moves by nudging by hand the telescope altitude and azimuth, aim for getting the tension right in your mount to be able to use it in a similar way.

You can explain with pictures or draw an illustration
Until I apply it

The problem is I do not have a shape
u It is very important to carry the telescope and also the iron bar to install
Thank you

Edited by kaka17

What is your budget (in Euros etc) for fixing this problem? The more practical solution may be to purchase another mount. Alternatively,  fabricating an altazimuth (movement up/ down and around) mount for a small telescope from basic materials is not beyond the capabilities of the average person.  When I was a youth, I made a mount and tripod for a small telescope from bits of wood and metal.  Or have somebody make the missing parts.