Nikon D50 / 70 / 70s /100 battery recall

Any of you useing the Nikon Dslr's mentioned, are you aware that there is a recall on the battery.

follow the link and check if you are effected. It involves certain batches of the EN-EL3 battery. you can check it out on the website.

http://www.europe-nikon.com/default.aspx?countryid=20&languageid=22

I had mine replaced foc, worth while doing.

naz

Hi Gordon, they take a bit of time, they will email you when the envelope is on its way, then let you know the return date.

You can use the spare battery holder in the mean time, or try 7dayshop.com, they have a replacement battery for £6.49 +p&p, a lot cheaper than Nikon. I have used one for a year now, and it works fine.

naz

Thanks for the heads up. I had heard of this problem and was thinking of getting round to finding time to think about doing something about considering this issue. I have looked up my battery serial number and it is on the "may explode in your face or maybe just not work" list. I think I'll send it off after I jab the cloud god in the ribs by buying the replacement from 7dayshop. Good link BTW, thanks for that.

Captain Chaos

Archived