SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Giving up on this one - SH2-206

glowingturnip

Think I'm going to give up on this one - it's been in my processing queue for ages, I'm about half-way through, but, well, it's just not very interesting...  So a quick stretch, and here it is

sh2-206.thumb.png.7a0fe34e5ef7207b3b273105c3aea141.png

23x 600s Ha, 15x each of 900s Sii and Oiii, darks flats and bias.  Probably needs a lot more integration time, especially in Sii and Oiii, it's quite faint.  I'd gone for an HSO combination in their respective natural strengths here.  Equipment as per sig.

Any decent pics of this out there ?

If anyone fancies a go at processing it, the calibrated stacks are here - HaOIIISII

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 7

it is hard to call a halt on processing something because it is "not very interesting".  I have found the same at time....head off on a long data acquisition run only to be a little underwhelmed by what the final image is throwing up. Still.....worth finishing this one I think.....just a general search on the internet throws up some OK images. Thanks for putting the stacked images up. I have a bad weather week in front of me....don't mind if I do play with the data....and I will let you know how it turns out in due course. 👍

Hi Stuart.....I did a quick run at it this afternoon. There were some artifacts in the OIII, but I ploughed on and just ignored them - really only looking to see what the data gave me......not trying to make an APOD 🙂

For a start you can see that we have completely different approaches to NB data.....there is no comparison on the final colours. However there is underlying detail that is there to be brought out no matter which way one goes about it. I mixed Ha, SII & OIII to make a Lum layer which then went back in to make a final LSHO. The second image is HaSHO - again a quick effort just to look at possibilities and not a fully finished image.

I am sorry if my colours hurt your eyes....it is just the way I work with NB data. (Obviously I cropped the final images also - again for me, that is how I would finish them).

Regards.

Crop (1226 x 832).jpg

HaSHO (1200 x 850).jpg

Edited by Kinch
Images
  • Like 3

Interesting, you have managed to get a bit out of it.

I know what you mean about the Oiii artifacts - I had some strange banding on them, as per this thread - 

That's the reason I decided to go for the 'natural look' colouring rather than an equally weighted SHO, ie I could hide the OIII better !  Mine was an Ha-HSO I think, or Ha-HOS or maybe a blend, I forget.

Funny, we've both spent our Saturday afternoons processing my data !  My lagoon data is a lot better, honest.