NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thank you

Last night was the first clear (ish) night since buying my gear and I was able to have my first attempt at astrophotography. The hobby is insanely intimidating from the outside and I came here a few weeks ago for help and advice. From picking my gear to setting it up, the community here has gone above and beyond to help me, so I just wanted to express my gratitude as I was over the moon (pun) with my first attempts.

I did get a bit of advice that may have been wrong, which was that I didn't need a T-adapter, but it turns out I did (I'm fairly sure anyway), so while that is on order, these pics were taken with the Google Pixel 3XL on astrophotography mode with the following gear:

SW130PDS / 20mm SW Super Plossl EP, SW HEQ5 Pro and a cheap phone adapter. The edited versions are my first attempts at rudimentary post processing using Gimp.

Clear skies!

IMG_20200115_215346.jpg

M42 Final.png

IMG_20200116_013750_832.jpg

M45 Final.jpg

• Like 5