NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus in the evening Sky

I had a good look at the planet early this evening & could clearly see the phase. I decided to see what sort of image I could get. Exposed for the planet it was obviously tiny but exposed for the lovely blue sky it showed off it’s brightness. Taken with my 10” Dob on the EQ Platform through a 2 Powermate, 15 seconds at ISO400. A good test of my collimation as well. :) 

CA370C4A-AF6B-4750-A6BB-3661A740AC72.thumb.png.cd2cc76f9f0ee8e3b31718f6d85c2d70.png

• Like 1

Nicely captured, good to see it blazing away every evening at sunset.

It has become very prominent in the evening sky now, climbing very quickly over the last couple of weeks. Its almost above some nearby conifers and will in range very soon. Looking forward to using the UV filter again!

18 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Nicely captured, good to see it blazing away every evening at sunset.

It has become very prominent in the evening sky now, climbing very quickly over the last couple of weeks. Its almost above some nearby conifers and will in range very soon. Looking forward to using the UV filter again!

Thanks Pete, looking for it first thing each evening has become addictive. :) It’s amazing how it’s been clear here shortly after sunset so Venus is in sight but later it’s totally clouded up. 

• Like 1