Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please check my shopping basket

So I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on my new scope from FLO but I wanted to get a quick check from the wise lot here. This will be for my attempt to get started in astrophotography but I am also keen to do some visual observing too.

I have a newly purchased used HEQ5 waiting at home that needs power, hence the PowerTank and I have a used Canon 600D arriving in the next couple of days. I was torn between the 130PDS and the 150PDS but went with the 130 for better potential AP use. The T-ring and adapter (do I need the adapter?) are for obvious reasons. The eyepeices are so I can enjoy some observing right away as the scope only comes with a 28mm.

I'm a bit confused as to whether I need an adapter for the 1.25" eyepeices, and if I need the 1.25" T mount adapter at all, or if the scope already comes with one or accepts both 2" and 1.25"?

Cheers :)

Untitled.png

Edited by CaptainShiznit

5 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The DSLR/M48 t-ring is the wrong type, get the standard one here . The 1.25" t adapter isn't required, the focuser has a built in t-thread to attach the t ring to. 

Thank you :) I was a little unsure about the T-ring going off the description but it pops up under recommended accessories or, well, "frequently purchased with" for the scope so I was a little confused. Glad I asked.

Untitled.png