Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Structures in the Rosette

Rodd

The otehr structures....not the ones most commonly seen.  I ethought it fitting to depict some of the less well known and more seldomly images (on their own) portions of this amazing nebula.  I have come to realize that the FSQ 106 with the .6x reducer (F3) and its 318mm focal length with the small pixels of the ASI 1600 is a perfect high resolutoion survey scope--very useful in taking widefield shots and then identifying smaller portions within the FOV that can be made into full stand alon images for later capture with a longer focal length system.  There is good news and bad associated with this approach...the good nes is there are literally millions of such vistas waiting to be identified.  the bad news...there are literally millions of vistas waiting to be identified!  I guess its all good news.

You must forgive the stars--they are, well, not terrible, but not great either.  This is due to 2 reasons  1) this was taken before the collimation of teh scop was tweaked by TNR, and 2) this is a very aggressive crop.   I am hoping that the re-collimation will allow me to crop such images while maintaining decent star profiles.

Crop-3b.jpg.4e78f7c777095ff04775ea8523b5187a.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 6