Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW 100ED alu case with other scopes?

I'm considering getting the TS-Optics ED 102 mm f/7 (FPL-51):

102 mm f7

and I would like to get a solid case for it as well. Have any of you ever used the case for the SW 100ED on a smaller scope?

100ED case

I like this case because of it's price (£66 ex vat) and the fact that there is room for accessories in it as well. I only ever use a Baader Zoom, 32 Plossl and a Barlow, so I'll probably fit everything I need in the case. The alternative is something like this:

TS-Optics case

It's probably a better fit, and I'm guessing there is no need for any modifications, but it is more expensive (€121 ex vat) and I would need a separate case for accessories, which probably would cost me another €/£ 40-60.

Edited by grjsk

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I use the SW case for my Vixen 102s f9 and use the slightly smaller version of the TS-optic case you've referenced for my TeleVue 76. Both are sturdy and solid but I feel the TS-Optic case has a slightly more robust, heavy-duty feel to it.

Both cases offer ample room, decent foam cushion all the way around, on the bottom and on the top. Both have their corners reinforced and decent clasps set in the middle of the lid. Both feel secure when lifting with the scope inside but at this junction the TS-Optic case feels slightly more secure than the SW one.

On the other hand, there is no built in room given for accessories in the TS case whereas the SW one has space made for a finder, large 2" diagonal and a few eyepieces. However, in my own SW case unless I wish to do a little push and squeezing or a little cutting of foam, these eyepiece holes do not fit Baader's Mark IV zoom.

If it helps, I can take some pics and post them up a little later?

Edited by Rob Sellent
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rob Sellent said:

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I use the SW case for my Vixen 102s f9 and use the slightly smaller version of the TS-optic case you've referenced for my TeleVue 76. Both are sturdy and solid but I feel the TS-Optic case has a slightly more robust, heavy-duty feel to it.

Both cases offer ample room, decent foam cushion all the way around, on the bottom and on the top. Both have their corners reinforced and decent clasps set in the middle of the lid. Both feel secure when lifting with the scope inside but at this junction the TS-Optic case feels slightly more secure than the SW one.

On the other hand, there is no built in room given for accessories in the TS case whereas the SW one has space made for a finder, large 2" diagonal and a few eyepieces. However, in my own SW case unless I wish to do a little push and squeezing or a little cutting of foam, these eyepiece holes do not fit Baader's Mark IV zoom.

If it helps, I can take some pics and post them up a little later?

That would very helpful! Thank's alot for offering.

On 13/12/2019 at 23:26, Rob Sellent said:

Grouping of Cases:

1321788629_CasesTogether.jpg.43c579a40c535391921199b75c59fc83.jpg

All very similar. The only 'nag' and which can be seen in this pic is that the SW case's handle doesn't seem quite as firm or as solidly built as the others.

Thanks alot for the pictures; really helpful. It seems like the case they sell today is quite a bit different. The interior has a different layout, and for instance the handle looks much more robust now. Because of the price, and the fact that I simply need something to store the scope safely, and carry it for 200-300 meters, I guess the SW version should do. Thanks again.