Most of the other half

wookie1965

Set up at 8.15 usually takes me 20 minutes but as I had a fall and was a bit stiff to say the least I thought it would have taken longer. Son had put tripod out levelled it and put mount on I polar aligned I have a neat bit of equipment so I dont have to bend down. He put the weights on and the OTA I checked alignment a tad out so did that. Plugged everything in 2 star alignment gave me Vega much too high I would have to bend too much for that. Caster yes that is good then Mirach all good. My plan was to start with Orion but it had not cleared the rooftops opposite.

So onto Gemini 

α Geminorum (Caster) easily split I had my 15mm in but a lower mag will split this.

M35 A beautiful open cluster the more you look the more stars pop out.

Orion now 

Σ 761  σ Orionis  (SAO 1324 06)  to get the fourth component used my lovely Vixen 10mm at x118

λ Orionis   (SAO 1129 21) Meissa  nice quad system here.

ρ Orionis Rho     (SAO 1125 28)  Had to Barlow the 10mm here to split this I have not got a 5mm in my eyepiece collection.  x236 

The Trapezium could only see 4 stars here used the 10mm thought I saw E with averted but not sure so cannot give myself that.

NGC 2169 "37 Cluster"   Although a different sight than in a reflector I could still make this out.

Auriga a couple of new ones for me.

NGC 1664 definite kite shape here.

NGC 2099 This is a superb cluster the winter M11 description is accurate cracking cluster.

Monoceros next but not all had cleared the roof.

NGC 2301 "Hagrids Dragon"  The wings where soaring last night a great site.

NGC 2264 "Christmas tree cluster) Lovely view obvious shape with 15 Monocerotis at the base totally forgot to go back to this to split it.

went for M50 to low so moved on.

Omicron2 Eridani (Keid)  (SAO 1310  63) Things went wrong from here this is a lovely triple but trying to split it the higher mag needed just blurred the image no chance of doing it.

Tegmine (SAO 0976 45) Same happened here higher mag needed but again blurred image nothing wrong with optics two dew strips on and objective was clear.

ι Cancri  (SAO 0804 16)   Lovely blue and yellow stars here "The Winter Albireo"

Finally M44 "Beehive" brilliant open cluster here in my GSO 32mm looked amazing.

A few I missed but I was in pain and the cold did not help Son helped pack away I came in to pins and needles down both legs hope I have not irritated my sciatic nerve again. 

• Like 2