SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon lenses to Lumix GX80 adapter

After looking at a video thread re adapting a Nikon Z body to take filters (https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/344270-nikon-z-with-astro-filters/) it made me think of my Lumix GX80 which has interchangeable lenses and I have an adapter to take non 4/3rd's Nikon lenses on the GX80...

Turns out the internal thread was 46mm x 0.75mm so not an off-the-shelf adapter size. So I set about making an adapter this morning. First photo shows the adapter with a 1.25" red filter in place, photo2 shows the filter inside the Nikon lens adapter mounted on the GX80. photos 3 and 4 show the Lumix with a 70-200mm Nikon lens attached. The red image is the lens/camera combo pointed to the overcast sky showing almost no vignetting at full aperture (f2.8). Probably use this with a UV/IR cut filter on a scope - currently raining so no chance to test the mods. TBC...

Adapter mod1.jpg

Adapter mod2.jpg

Adapter mod3.jpg

Adapter mod4.jpg

Adapter mod-Sky.jpg

Edited by fwm891
Link added