Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hey guys , ive been flip flopping between gear to get all week since my last post . I think iam going to go with a star tracker insted of a dobby . The star adventurer pro pack is at £279 now , but i was wondering if you guys had any advice about star trackers . 

Yeah I know its not a Heq6 😎 ........ was looking at the rokinon 135mm as well but i looked at price tracking and it seems expensive at the moment,  does anyone use one for AP . Iam trying to decide between that or save up for a 80mm apo .

The star adventurer is a nice mount to use with camera lenses, the Rokinon/Samyang lens you mention is probably the best "astro" lens available at any price. Have a look at this topic....

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 1

Thanks ! Iam really struggling to pin down which gear to buy at my budget.  I was totally sold on a dobby last week and it has been the plan for a few years , but I want to spend my limited time outside learning to image. 

I do want the 135 but its right at the top of my budget,  cause of buying the star tracker and tripod and such . Ive seen a Skywatcher Evostar 72ED its cheaper outright but from what ive seen you need a field flattener/reducer and iam not sure if the star adventurer can take the weight in practice .