Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2019 Mercury's transit animation

Hi everyone and here's my version of this year's transit of Mercury through an animation - 26 frames were used in total

My first time seeing and capturing this type of event, which definitely made me sit on my toes! At the time of the event for an hour or so, I've publicly broadcasted a live video on facebook directly from my scope, since not everybody holds a telescope nor they have the possibility to experience such an event.

All this was captured using a Mak 127 + ASI178MC on top of an AZ synscan mount from skywatcher (discovery). The animation spans over 2 minutes and holds 26 individual frames. As I have used a solar film filter, the Sun has been colorized. Although from my location the event started when the Sun was around 18 degrees high, I am pretty happy of how this ended up.

Transit2.2.800.gif

• Like 2

• 4 months later...