Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 72ED + 1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge Diagonal

I am wondering whether anyone has used this scope with a Lunt Herschel Wedge Diagonal.

Seeing a number of comments and videos it appears that the focuser has a  short travelling distance and there might be problems with inward focusing.

Looking at the scope - to use 1.25" EPs or Diagonals then an adapter is required and I assume that adapter  would need to be low profile.

When I had a Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge Diagonal in the past I could not get enough inward travel to gain focus on a TeleVue Pronto OTA - so hence my question.

Look forward to any comments and if you did gain focus then details of a 1.25" low profile adapter would be appreciated.

Works fine with the 1.25" fitting.

Used one for the transit all day. The travel problem is when you fit a 2" diagonal and eyepiece, there is just enough inward travel if you are lucky. I had the adaptor skimmed a bit at a machine shop to gain 2.5mm.

However as the 1.25" wedge fitting is smaller it works, the diagonal does not gobble up the path length. Will agree that a bit more travel on the focuser would be nice Having to get 2.5mm removed was a bit extreme I felt and will not I expect suit all eyepieces.

If you intend to use a 2" diagonal then expect possible troubles or concerns, or search for a more suitable, as in shorter, diagonal.

• Thanks 1