NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Balance Issue In Declination

I’m having trouble balancing my scope in Dec, it’s only ever a problem when I’m imaging. With the clutches loose, my scope just wants to point upwards, It seems i need to add more weight to the lens end of the scope, is this possible? and is there something available to buy?? 

Attached to the backend, I have finder scope, Starsence camera, focuser, focal reducer, dslr and dew heating kit. I use my dew hood to try and counter balance the scope, which is fine if I’m observing as I don’t have my dslr and focal reducer attached. 

Eventually, I will buy hyperstar and a ccd camera which will attach to the front and over come my issue, I’m just wondering if anything can be done in the meantime. 

420B4A37-3133-4058-8600-C2966281CE11.thumb.jpeg.cbae80fb96fa8e47fe4ab547bd9d19e5.jpeg

Ben 

On 27/10/2019 at 15:24, andrew s said:

I would just add weight either roofing lead cut to size or small exercises weights that fit on a bar.

Attach to the underside of the dovetail plate if you can.

Don't forget to rebalance in RA.

Regards Andrew 

Thank you Andrew

Edited by Benjam

• 2 weeks later...