NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

another Horse

mgirdwood

Hi

Does anyone have any hints on how best to process this, currently stacked, basic stretch and curves in PI.

Spent a few hours hours on it today but i feel its out of focus and noisy however i am not used to this camera as yet so not so sure what i ought to be capable of 

Horse01.thumb.png.c3c723a6a9643e606a96db81de0c4cdb.png

taken last night with TS 65 Quad, ZWO 183C, aprox 2 hours of subs at 100secs

• Like 5

There are many NR techniques you can try, but the best is to address as much of the issues durning capture. Based on the image, I’m assuming there are things you are not doing, but will greatly improve your images:

1) dither, it looks like you have walking noise.

2) take calibration frames (bias,darks and flats)

3) more exposure time.

• Like 1

again thanks, normally i would dither but last night APT was just hanging during the dither so i had to switch off or lose the whole run time.  Darks bias and flats were included ( although it does look like i need a new set of flats )

1 hour ago, mgirdwood said:

thanks for the comment  - hardly stretched at all so perhaps it was the pre processing that has caused a problem

I only thought that because some of the bigger stars were very bright, but for a relatively short amount of data there is some great detail in there.

Steve