NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7538 Bicolor

Rodd

This littl nebula reportedly contains the largest prototar in the galaxy, about 300 times the size of the solar system--which includes the Oort cloud, if I am not mistaken.  That is huge.  Its 9,100 lightyears away, in close proximity to teh Bubble Nebula, though it is 2,000 light years further away. This image is an experiment--I dd not know how it would come out.  Also, I rotated the camera for the OIII subs, so I lost quite a bit of FOV.  I had planned on posting a crop, so in the end it didn't matter.  I definitely want to collect SII.  Interestingly, the second image is also a bicolor using teh same data, but it more closely resembles a Hubble Palette image with its beige/gold tones.  I really need more data in all channels, as noise was pretty bad.  I typically do not have much luck with bicolored images, but no matter how they come out, I am alwasy glad that I made teh decision to collect the SII.

TOA 130, ASI 1600, Astrodon 3nm fiters.  Ha: 66 300 sec; OIII 36 300 sec 

E3.thumb.jpg.5fec9437d818f68d21a8c17ad1f66b7e.jpg

AAa.thumb.jpg.a07ae362b98f0b77776fa29024e49d14.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, alan potts said:

Always work of the highest standard from you and one for me to leave alone, I had enough problem with the bubble.

Alan

Thanks Alan.  To be honest, this target is much easier to process than the bubble. To kale the Bubble look good I found it takes quite an effort.  It doesn’t  have the dynamic range that the Bubble has