SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Debayer Help

I am using Nebulosity on my laptop to try to process my photos. I used a Sony a6000 to take the photos. This is the first time that I have tried to process any image so I'm trying to get through this learning curve. Everything was going smoothly until I got to the part where I have to debayer. It gives you a table (attached an image) that you have to fill out.

I did some research and found out that  for the matrix offset you have to adjust it until it looks right, basically guess and check. I am not sure how to figure out the pixel size and color control. For the color control I found a table on DXO for a Sony a6000 (also attached), do I add those numbers? On other forums I saw that you may have to multiply numbers by the white balance to get your final numbers. With the pixel size, is that alright at 1? I tried messing with the matrix offset, and the colors kept coming out as too red or pink or green.

Any help or advice would be great. Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 7.57.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 11.05.58 AM.png

I used Nebulosity a great deal to begin with, and found it a good intro to a number of imaging processes and techinques.  Debayering was one of those.

The interface panel is a bit odd – rather than giving you options which you might be able to look up for your camera (like RGGB, GBRG, etc.) it presents you with offsets (and the matrix.)

My initial advice would be not to try and do everything all at once with the options here.  The debayer process itself is fundamentally controlled by the offset and, in reality, given you've selected the RGB matrix option, you only have four X/Y options: 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1.  One of these should get you into the ballpark for RGB-ness.

Almost definitely the next step should be to adjust the levels to give a reasonable background – the CTRL-A shortcut to the Adjust Color Background (Offset) menu item will do this.

Subsequently, you can stretch and adjust the colour balance with other options.

Hope this helps,  Tony.

Edited by AKB