Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Triangulum - Revisted

bdlbug

Almost a year ago I captured an image of M33 and at the time used the new IDAS D2 light pollution filter. This week, Wednesday 2nd I got out and captured 3 hrs of subs, 1hr Ha(7nm) and 2hr RGB , but I removed the D2 filter from the light path. I processed the data using Astro Pixel Processor and Photoshop CC2019 then added the luminance layer from last year's session. Result is below.  My personal opinion is that I have got more colour in the stars than the image I took last year through D2 - may be I am improving my processing skills, but I suspect trying to capture RGB behind a D2 filter attenuates the RGB signal and the result is less than satisfactory.

Captured using120s subs with ASi1600 running at -20degC and unity gain behind AT106EDT on AZEQ6GT
153527494_M33Triangulum1h_Ha2h_RGBplusOld_Lum.thumb.jpg.8e6d8d8d4e930fae10759b09df978782.jpg

thanks for looking
Bryan

The original M33 topic from October 2018 can be read here

Edited by bdlbug
  • Like 9