Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

178mm 130pds settings

Fieldsy

18 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

I'm ironing 🤫 ,I'm not gonna look until monday thats my next day off work, should I be looking at oxygen filter or scope/cam to small to benefit?

No reason why you cant do OIII, but I would get a good feel for how your system is performing in Ha first, I know there is always a rush to get a colour image when you start out, but I would focus effort on getting a high quality Ha image first. Small and bright objects like the Bubble nebula are actually an ideal target for your camera / scope combination and should have a strong OIII signal. 

Are you using a coma corrector currently? 

Adam 

Just now, Adam J said:

No reason why you cant do OIII, but I would get a good feel for how your system is performing in Ha first, I know there is always a rush to get a colour image when you start out, but I would focus effort on getting a high quality Ha image first. Small and bright objects like the Bubble nebula are actually an ideal target for your camera / scope combination and should have a strong OIII signal. 

Are you using a coma corrector currently? 

Adam 

No corrector being used  .I know the bubble wasnt central so I will work on that next time , I think I will just focus on this target I believe it's about for a while,  I have 5 days astroing in northumberland park 20th oct so nice dark skies should I still use the filter .

Ps my scope camera has just arrived so will be able to leave stuff out and save time, should I recalibrate each night ?

13 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

No corrector being used  .I know the bubble wasnt central so I will work on that next time , I think I will just focus on this target I believe it's about for a while,  I have 5 days astroing in northumberland park 20th oct so nice dark skies should I still use the filter .

Ps my scope camera has just arrived so will be able to leave stuff out and save time, should I recalibrate each night ?

In theory you will not have to calibrate each night so long as the ASI air has the ability to remember the previous calibration between sessions.. My next purchase would certainly be a field flattener then as you can see distortion in your stars despite the small sensor. 

Adam 

My scooe cover just arrived not another camera unfortunately lol.

A coma corrector 🤯 I can put anything else in my image train I have had to cut down my 2-1.25 reducer already just to get focus I will have to drop my filter wheel ( if I'm only doing 1 filter I guess it dont matter).

Baader mark iii ordered 🤫

Edited by Fieldsy

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

My scooe cover just arrived not another camera unfortunately lol.

A coma corrector 🤯 I can put anything else in my image train I have had to cut down my 2-1.25 reducer already just to get focus I will have to drop my filter wheel ( if I'm only doing 1 filter I guess it dont matter).

Baader mark iii ordered 🤫

Don't forget you will need spacing to make the corrector to sensor total 55mm you will want to order it with the corrector! Also I had a cc the I don't use now could have sold you it lol. 

To work out the spacing you will need 55mm - sensor dackfocus - filter wheel thickness - and other converters. Ask FLO for advice. 

Edited by Adam J