NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Useful plugin for Firefox I just started using. Dark Adaptation Preservation

upahill

Most of my PC is dark themed, wallpapers, browser themes etc.

One thing that bugs me though, especially on the laptop when im outside is if I need to browse the web and web pages come up with huge white space areas. I have the same problem working on the pc at night indoors - the glare can be quite bad.

I found by accident the plugin for firefox called Dark Reader. It recolours almost any website to be dark themed much like SGL.

Heres the BBC page side by side comparison so you can see what I mean

darkreader.thumb.png.fd7a74539d3ed4255794bcd7bb8bd67a.png

Hopefully it will help others, apologies if its been mentioned before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Stu Todd said:

I use a 5mm piece of red perspex cut to the laptop screen size. Cost about $10 and works great, especially on the original daytime settings of your screen. Easy.

👍 Perspex is great, I use it on the laptop too when im outside etc. The only problem I find is that even with filters the website shown above still produces a lot of brightness coming through the filter than is necessary. I would rather a dark website being shown through a red filter than a bright white one.

Indoors I use a 42" screen and two 24" screens, even if I had perspex to cover those it would still be quite bright, this just mutes whats coming through from surfing the web etc so helps a little more and is free.

Edited by upahill