NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Polar scope is not very clear to look through.

Taff

Hi' When i am looking through the Polar scope with the power and when the small light is on i can't see any thing through the Polar scope only a lot of specks.But when i turn the power off and then look through the Polar scope then i can see the Pole star in view but find it hard to see the small circle to place the Pole star.If i unscrew the Eyepiece to see if it is dirty inside the eyepiece, would i have to reline the small circle back to the Pole star by using software Thanks for reading.Mark

1. It sounds like the polar scope LED is too bright; on the handset go to utilities and polar scope LED or whatever it is called and make it less bright.

2. It sounds like you need to focus the polar scope. Rotate the bit you look through and you’ll see the focus changes. It will fall out if you unscrew it too much but that isn’t a problem, just don’t let it drop and smash it. The actual bit of glass with the circle engraved/printed on it is slightly further up the tube, so even if the eye piece bit falls out, you won’t have to realign the reticle. 

• Like 1