NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

90mins of blurry stuff.

wookie1965

Been waiting ans waiting get out Clear Outside said clear until 1am so I thought yes get a few hours.

Set up at 9.30pm expecting to look at Jupiter then Saturn without aligning but that came to nought as both behind the street light and I have to set up behind my shed so its not shining on me.

Aligned with Arcturus and Vega I like to then go for a couple of easy ones check how good the accuracy is.

M81 +M82 in  GSO 32mm just two blurry objects nothing stood out.

M51 my Nemesis used a couple of eyepieces here the 32mm a BST 25 + 15mm not a sausage nothing no hint.

NGC 457 just to the top of the FOV dragged it in unmistakable brilliant.

M31 just a blur no hint of the satellite galaxies at least it was in the centre of the FOV

Almach (SAO 0377 34) I was under the impression this was a triple went up to x295 but could not see it just a Orange primary and pale Blue much smaller secondary but the stars where not pin sharp. 

That seemed strange so I tried a beautiful cluster,

NGC 7789 "Caroline`s Rose" nothing just white in the FOV I know I must of breathed on the eyepiece and misted it up took the 32mm out put the 25mm in making sure no breath went on it just the same sat back thinking what is it looked up cloud turned around cloud so that was it packed up came in 11pm 90 mins of blurry views but I got out.

Here is my set up and the sky as I packed up.    

20190824_224526.jpg

20190824_224457.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, seeing wasn’t great last night, so I gave it up about just gone 10pm after viewing a very fuzzy Jupiter and Saturn. Got M13 in view my new ‘frac and Sabre mount, but again the view was spoiled by poor seeing. Could just make out M31 in binos before I accidentally dropped them on the floor. Thankfully they landed on longish grass, and not the hard slabs on the path, so no damage done luckily! Phew! ;) 

2 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Yeah, seeing wasn’t great last night, so I gave it up about just gone 10pm after viewing a very fuzzy Jupiter and Saturn. Got M13 in view my new ‘frac and Sabre mount, but again the view was spoiled by poor seeing. Could just make out M31 in binos before I accidentally dropped them on the floor. Thankfully they landed on longish grass, and not the hard slabs on the path, so no damage done luckily! Phew! ;) 

Wow lucky escape when I first got my scope I dropped my BST 18mm in a bucket of water luckily the place I bought it cleaned it for me.

I collect rain water for my fish tank no nasty chemicals in then I have to add drops to negate them.