Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Progress. But still not there yet.

Having to little time, daytime to set up, try and sort things out. 

But after skipping work saturday evening. I decided to hav a go. Having had no luck getting focus att all, (rear end mounted cam in diagonal) I have some adapters to get somewhat correct backfocus with the hyperstar. 

After a bit of trying out. I achived a backfocus that its not perfect. But+0.7mm With a lps filter mounted. Carfully, bit nervous, i did remove the mirror and attached the hyperstar with camera. 

Carried it all out, plugged power, the ooold laptop. Could not for my life find the bartinow mask.. Anyway, Got dosent focus on some strars. Started aligning with the handkontroller. Bad and good news.. Alignment was way, way off as usual. Staring to get ”bit annoyed”.. After 5 stars.. It started to get close . Got cart  du ciel to talk to the mount.. 😊 Moved to Andromeda, to see If I Atleast could capture something. A few frames with some dim light from the outskirts. As mount wasent well aligned. I had hard time to figure out what I was actually seeing. 

So, I mooved to a smaller obj. M33. Took several exporsure. Could not se it att all. 

Have some more adjustments to do. And work Sunday morning, decided to derig 01.30. 

Problem one. Is why alignment is way off, from first star. Probably hours.. When trying to sleep. I realize that settings for daylight settings. Might be it! 

Next issue to solve. Is focus.Here I need some good advise and directions. 

I could get decent focus on a quarter of the image. Right lower corner.  The rest is out of focus. Bloated with “collimating” dot in the middle. (Wich is fairly ok in the middle) 

I have just the hyperstar in neutral setting, with the adjustments screws. I will have to try to adjust the hyperstar optics. But input is very welcome! 

Tips with easy targets the following days. Are also more than welcome. 🙏

(looks like clear skies tonight)

C8 with hyperstar. Camera altair gpcam3 178c