NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Pro

eiaas

I don't have one, but a few things to try, swap the RA & DEC cable connections, that will at least tell you if its the motor or driver board. is your voltage +13v DC and stable ?

How old is the mount? is it just high speed are the slower speeds also playing up ??

The mount is old,pats are new. Ra motor as normal. New motherboard, new Dec motor, tested handcontrol ok, firmware new to handcontrol and mount. New cabels. New powertank. Have not tried to swap RA DEC cables.

PS! Two different contacts. for RA / DEC motor.

Edited by eiaas

How long have you had the problem with the DEC motor ??  especially if you've been changing almost everything …..   but to identify the problem part, the first thing I would do would be to drop out the hand controller, but this means driving the mount from a computer directly, are you able to do this ?

Have tried a new  handcontroller, same problem. So I vent back to the old one. Might be the motherboard, since this is the third DEC motor I have tried, and everyone came up with the same problem.

New motherboard,new DEC motor,New Powertank from Sky Watcher,New power cable from First light Optics,New Syn Scan version 4 tested, same problem. 3 different DEC motors tested,same problem. Voltage to the motors ok, RA motor is ok,works fine. 

This is  the second winter without the  mount, been used manualy so far.

Edited by eiaas

How tight is the mesh between the motor pinon gear and the larger idler gear? 

There should be a very small amount of clearance. If they are meshed tight it could make the motor is stall.  

• 1 month later...