NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Combining 2 different scopes and cameras

I've seen some people here combining data captured on two different cameras and scopes.

Sometimes this is done to speed up image acquisition by two osc or mono cameras or by an osc and a mono for Hargb ( or NB+rgb).

What I would like to know is:

if your aim is to mach the FOV or the pixel scale for the different scope/camera ?

how do you merge the 2 stacked images in Ps (Let's assume 2xosc cameras)?

how do you merge the 2 stacked images in Ps (Let's assume mono+osc cameras for Hargb)?

P.S. I assume you first stack each scope/camera data to end up with 2 stacked TIFFs right?

2 minutes ago, R26 oldtimer said:

So I have to manually align the two images in PS? In that case is it better to have a matched FOV or pixel scale to work with?

After alignment, which blending mode do I choose to merge the two photos?

TIA!

No, Astro Pixel Processor takes care of it all.  Load in the subs from your two camera/scope combos, and APP with scale align stack the data, and produce two finished stacks, that are completely aligned.  all you then have to do is open in your usual processing software eg PS and do the normal processing.  I was saying that alignment in PS is pretty much impossible, but APP does it all for you !!