Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iOptron AZMP WiFi problem

Woking

Been having a few issues with my few months old AZMP WiFi set-up. I can configure the SSID to a name of my choosing and set a password as per the manual, and then successfully connect both my laptop and smartphone. Skysafari works great connecting to and controlling the mount via my smartphone.

Problem is the next time I turn on the AZMP after a few days it’s defaulted back to the factory SSID and no longer password protected.

Any other AZMP users experiencing such issues or having no problems at all with similar WiFi set-up?

I’m suspecting the internal battery as the AZMP doesn’t seem to be retaining a full charge for a period of time say a couple of weeks of lack of use. A few times I've been caught out just a short time into a session with the flashing red power LED. The AZMP does seem to retain other settings changes though e.g. turning off the handset sounds.

Have just updated both main board and handset to the recent firmware release and given it another full charge so will test again over next few of days. Would be good to hear of other users experiences as not found anything on the web specific to this.

It’s a nuisance as I’ve been having some great observing sessions with the AZMP connected to Skysafari.