Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

130PDS vs 150PDS with 183MC

SAW

Hi,

I'm looking to get either one of these to compliment my widefield set up (ED72). I'll be using it with a ZWO183MC Cooled and the 0.9x coma corrector, this is the first reflector I would of owned as I normally use a refractors. I'll be suing it on a HEQ5 Pro belt modded. Looking at the astronomy tools ccd suitability the 130PDS is slightly more suited for my camera, is anyone using this set up with the 150PDS ?

Thanks.

Edited by SAW

150PDS will be well suited to 183MC if you use super pixel mode for debayering of color data.

With focal length of 750mm (~675mm with x0.9 CC) you will have ~0.66"/px if you take 2.4um pixel size - that would be oversampling and if you were using mono camera, then I would advise you to bin it to 1.32"/px, but since you are using OSC camera, in effect you will be sampling each color at twice the distance on sensor - effectively every 4.8um and that gives you 1.32"/px if you don't interpolate while debayering ("fill in the blanks" - or calculate "missing" data between pixels).

Simple way to do this would be to use super pixel mode for debayering.

• Like 1