Prime focus with diagonal?

Hi all, 

I have a question regarding imaging without an eyepiece (I think it's called prime focus). To give you some background I got an adapter which does not fit my scope so I made it fit using every man's best friend Duct Tape!! So I can put it where the diagonal normally goes In. 

Problem is that I get a lot of blur around the edges and sometimes strange artifacts. Not sure if a field flattener would solve that or it is coming from taping up the adapter see pictures

Since the adapter is for eyepiece projection I can screw the front onto my T2 adapter and put the camera directly into the diagonal. Question is if this works and if so if it has any disadvantages. 

See pictures below for better understanding 

20190731_173247.jpg

20190731_173254.jpg

20190731_173003.jpg

20190731_173032.jpg

I'm sure it's possible to get a T2 to 2" adapter which might make life easier, particularly with keeping the camera sensor perpendicular to the optical axis (and for the same reason I'd not use the diagonal either).

The image artefacts might be helped by a flattener, but you may not be able to avoid them altogether.  If you post a sample image then people who are good at that sort of thing might be able to suggest what flaws can be corrected and how.

James

Archived