Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Evolution Users: Possible Firmware issues

JG777

Celestron Evolution users might be interested to read a discussion over the pond on CN concerning a number of problems users are having with the mounts tracking and slewing behaviour after updating their firmware to the latest public release which is 

HC NXS 5.31.9102

MC 7.15.9120

The discussion is here https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/666786-latest-update-has-wrecked-havoc-on-my-evolution-scope/

One user has linked to a You Tube video that shows what is going on. 

Now it is important to stress it is not proven yet as to what the issue is, the common denominator is the fact that a number of users have reported this after updating to the latest public release and the general consensus is moving towards this possibly being the motor control firmware.  Personally I did update my gen 1 Evo mount before seeing the thread and my initial testing at home seems to show the mount working normally. I cant fully test the tracking until it is back out under the stars but at home it appeared to be tracking the moon via HC and on WiFi with SS6 without a problem. The mount is barely audible in use, except for the slew.

Anyway, just a heads up that it may be worth holding off if your thinking of updating until this problem is completely understood and dealt with. 

• Thanks 1