Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Broom and the Triangle

steviemac500

This is my last image before heading back to the cloudy skies of Scotland for a few days. Biclolour rendition - 10hrs in each of O3 and Ha. I've tried to minimalise the processing this time and used my Ha as a final layer to add back in the detail.

****No stars were harmed in the production of this image!!

@wimvb the Starnet++ module is very good. I tried it on this image and the results are excellent, it just didn't suit this picture.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

V1.png

• Like 5

Beautiful image. Starless images don't always work. But you can use the module to controll the stars. Make one copy starless, then add stars from another copy that was stretched less.

• Like 1

Beautiful image, well captured and worth the integration time.

I use StarNet++ on these type of images to remove the stars, then work on the resulting starless image to bring out details in nebulosity etc.......when finished add the stars back in which is dead easy to do in PI using PixelMath. This way processing the background detail does not effect the stars.

Edited by dave_galera
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dave_galera said:

Beautiful image, well captured and worth the integration time.

I use StarNet++ on these type of images to remove the stars, then work on the resulting starless image to bring out details in nebulosity etc.......when finished add the stars back in which is dead easy to do in PI using PixelMath. This way processing the background detail does not effect the stars.

Thanks for the comment. Could you explain the procedure for adding the stars in with pixel maths please?

7 hours ago, steviemac500 said:

Thanks for the comment. Could you explain the procedure for adding the stars in with pixel maths please?

Here you go:

1. Open the 'starless' image and the 'original' into PI and create an image of the 'stars' using PixelMath 'original' - 'starless' (it will be black with white stars)

2. Save the image of the 'stars'

3. Process 'starless' image as required and save as 'processedstarless'

4. Create new composite image using PixelMath as 'processedstarless' + 'stars'

If you need any more explanation get back to me

Edited by dave_galera
  • Like 1