Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mini session at tonight's club meeting

Expecting solid cloud, I took my C90 Mak to the meeting this evening just as a 'talking point' - I only took a photo tripod.

It did clear at tea break so we looked at the moon in the blue sky, with only the 32mm ep it's about 40x magnification.

When I left I noticed the sky had cleared and Jupiter was shining bright.

Only a couple of minute to set up again and those of us still there enjoyed nice, but low mag, vies of Jupiter, Saturn and the Moon.

All four jovian moons and the two equatorial belts were very obvious, and every so often the seeing settled and the red spot would pop into view. Geoff and I agreed it was at bottom left then I lookedit up on the Sky and Telescope app and yes it was abut an hour away from transiting (the C90 has a 45-degree RACI diagonal).

Saturn's rings were really clear, if tiny.

The moon looked lovely, and it wasn't to hard to spot the crater Moltke between the upper arms of the three-pointed peninsula in the Sea of Tranquillity and identify the Apollo 11 landing site.

Everyone agreed that the C90 is a fantastic grab and go scope with lovely crisp views, plus its cool Celestron rucsack!

• Like 1