SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGP Sequence Does not collect all the frames

Tom OD

Hi SGL,

I m new-ish to SGP and  m currently tarting a new sequence every time its clear, and I m baby sitting the imaging as I m just starting out remote imaging.

What is happening is that when I start a sequence, the first sub fails to download, then the sequence carries on and collects the next frames in the list. Then it posts a message after the second last frame to say Sequence Complete, when ther eis one more left.

So I collect x-2 frames on each sequence where x is whatever amount I  select.

Has anyone seen this before? I have the latest SGP version installed.

Thank Tom.

An odd one Tom. On the sequencer window does the 'Total Frames Complete' agree with the 'Progress total or does it show one less during the sequence.

After the first image does it display 'Downloading' and then fail to display it or does it not even try to download it. I assume you have the latest drivers for the camera installed as failure to download often points to a driver problem. What camera is it?

On the Target settings check there are no time constraints ticked which would stop imaging. Unlikely but worth checking.

Does this happen with different sequences and did you copy sequence settings between targets? Try making a new sequence from scratch and see if the behavior continues.

Examing the SGP log file which covers a problem sequence should shed some light on what's happening. You can post the log file here for others to examine which may help. Logfiles are located in C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\

Alan

Edited by symmetal

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:32, symmetal said:

An odd one Tom. On the sequencer window does the 'Total Frames Complete' agree with the 'Progress total or does it show one less during the sequence.

After the first image does it display 'Downloading' and then fail to display it or does it not even try to download it. I assume you have the latest drivers for the camera installed as failure to download often points to a driver problem. What camera is it?

On the Target settings check there are no time constraints ticked which would stop imaging. Unlikely but worth checking.

Does this happen with different sequences and did you copy sequence settings between targets? Try making a new sequence from scratch and see if the behavior continues.

Examing the SGP log file which covers a problem sequence should shed some light on what's happening. You can post the log file here for others to examine which may help. Logfiles are located in C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to check the Total frames complete v Progress total, although I m pretty sure it says sequence complete, and then 11/12 for example on one of those bar graphs.

It normally posts the error before it gets to the Downloading, then after the 30s download time it just settles the guider and begins the next frame countdown.

I m using the Atik 11000 ccd. Its old now, but I had the latest drivers on it last Aug, I'll check but I doubt this has changed since then.

I had thought about the time constraints too, but on both occasions the imaging time finished long before dawn, or a required flip.

I m attaching a screen shot of the log when it errored last night on a 30min initial sub. I'll get the full log later and post it too. On this occasion it posted the error after 1500s of the 1800s had elapsed.

Thanks Tom.

IMG_7904.jpg

From the screen shot the autoguider had just reported settling which happens after a sequence has just started, or after a dither, so it doesn't look like a point towards the end of a long sub. At this point the capture is aborted. Do you have the 'Use high speed download' option ticked in the Camera tab of the 'Control Panel' as immediately after the command to switch to normal speed download the Ascom camera driver reported an error and aborts the exposure again but the camera doesn't respond and times out after 4 mins. I'm not sure what exposures it's referring to from your snippet as there was no command to start a new exposure. Try turning off high speed download if it's ticked. This does indicate a camera driver problem. Also, do you have a separate guide scope or an OAG as there is more interaction between SGP and PHD2 with an OAG.

I'll have to wait for the full log to try and make more sense of it. :icon_scratch:

Alan

Edited by symmetal

This may no longer be an issue. I managed two nights in a row where it ran all the frames without an error.

In the Camera Tab, in profile or equipment, I cant remember which one, the settings button opens up the Atik /ASCOM screen. There was a High Priorty box there that I checked.

After that it seems to be ok. I have a funny feeling that I used to check High Priority in AstroArt when guiding with an Atik ccd too.

Only another 7 problems to fix so :)

Tom

• Like 1