Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 20, a first for me.

CKemu

697371018_M20-StarReduce.thumb.jpg.a006e348854d358f8e551045e2502192.jpg

First time seeing and then imaging this object. Given the weather I decided to try and do the RGB in one night, so this is made from 180s x 60 (20 per channel). One thing I didn't take in to consideration, was shooting the blue when it got in to the muck on the horizon, so the data there got a little fuzzier.

Wind was also a factor for once, I've found with the Esprit that wind speeds can be quite high and tracking isn't too bad, but every now and then (couple of minutes apart), I'd get a good 30mph gust.

I am still trying to find methods for star reduction, this has had a "minimum" filter applied to the tars to reduce some of the stretch/bloat, and whilst smaller stars would be nice, I kind of enjoy the overall brightness and richness of the star field, it's extremely rare I shoot this directly in to the Milky Way..

Otherwise, very little processing, just a stretch and pretty much done.

• Like 6