Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar Eclipse Sequencer

RadekK

Hi Everybody

I think you might be interested in a script that automates imaging Total Solar Eclipse. Well, you might have been interested in it a few days ago in Chile.  I was not able to publish it before, because I had finished the coding just an hour before the eclipse 😉

I have developed the script to cover all the phases of the eclipse i.e. partial, diamond ring, Bailey's beads, totality, earthshine. Pretty much inspired by Brian Greenberg who wrote his eclipse magic script for US eclipse in 2017.

Take a look at the source code located at https://github.com/rkaczorek/eclipse-sequencer

The script features:

• Configurable times for Contact 1 to 4
  • All eclipse phases: Partial, Diamond Ring, Bailey's Beads, Totality, Earthshine
  • Configurable lead and trail times (imaging before and after eclipse)
  • Start time bound to real time clock
  • UTC and local time support
  • Test mode activated from Magic Lantern menu
  • Session logging to file
  • Stop and resume after battery change or camera restart

The real life example of what you can achieve with the script is presented below (Total Solar Eclipse in Chile on the July the 2nd 2019)

DiamondRingChile2019.thumb.jpg.de97f8dcf961082af8f93195228e39f0.jpg

Edited by RadekK
  • Like 2