Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pier tripod design suggestions/recommendations

souls33k3r

Hi All,

Need some suggestions please. I am looking for a cover, just for the mount head. 

I have been looking to plant a pier in my garden for a good few months and now when i was about to kick off the project, my wife doesn't like the pier in the middle of the garden (best location which gives me reasonable South, West, East which is usually blocked by my house but the position i have wanted gives me a good clearance and North which is clear anything above 10 degree) only because it's right in the middle of the garden where kids normally play.

My wife has suggested that i either put the pier towards the tail end of the garden which then blocks my West completely, East becomes more visible, North is again the same and i get more of NE but my South get blocked by my neighbours tall cedar tree OR put the pier at the beginning of the garden which blocks my complete North unless i'm super close to the zenith, West opens up a lot more, North remains great, and South opens up a bit. Both of these locations don't work for my needs.

So i'm now thinking that "maybe" i should abandon the whole planting the pier in the garden and go for a pier tripod design (sort of one of those SW pillars). Now the pipe that i have isn't massive but should do the job. It's 5.5 inches wide with around 6mm thick walls, 1330mm long. 

Any design suggestions/recommendations? I'm not only looking for stability but also practicality. Something that can be rolled/moved away and also levelled. Something that doesn't sink in the grass and what measures i should take to make sure it doesn't.

One most important thing to share is that if i can help it, i do not want to cut the tube only because in case in future i might think of reusing that tube for a proper sunk-in pier.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance   

Edited by souls33k3r