Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2"-1.25" Twist Lock adapter

Hi All

Question, has anyone experienced any focusing problems with a 2"-1.25" twist lock adapter? On my SW Explorer 150P I removed the existing 1.25" adapter from the 2" focuser draw tube and replaced it with the new adapter and inserted my eyepiece, but I cannot seem to get focus any where along the travel. If I add a 2" extension I can get focus but then the draw tube goes too far towards the secondary mirror. Is this a common issue?

I'm not too worried as it greatly helps centering for collimation, however I do see the benefits if I can get it to work.

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

On the SW Newtonians the standard 2" and 1.25" eyepiece clamps are also extension tubes. It is the expected behaviour that if you choose to use a 2"-1.25" reducer instead of the 1.25" eyepiece clamp/extension you must leave the 2" eyepiece clamp/extension fixed to the focuser for all eyepieces. 

However, if you use 2" eyepieces you will soon also want a 2" Clicklock. In this case you should take careful measurements to determine which parts(s) you will need to buy so that the focuser tube is the correct length in order to achieve focus.

Hi Ripochet, that confirms my thoughts as the 2" extension with the twist lock did work but I didn't like how far I had to rack it in to get focus.

I'm still new to astronomy and learning as I go. I have found it very useful for collimation which is worth its money just for that purpose.

Cheers 👍👌