NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recommendations for small goto setup please?

Gasman

Hi guys

A bit out of the loop regarding what's available for the smaller setups and wondering what folk would recommend for the following. I have an NEQ6 in my observatory with a brand new spare tripod as I have it permanently mounted on a pier. While away from home I'd like to use my smaller ED80 with my dslr with a smaller guide scope and ASI ccd for guiding and I'd like a goto mount with eqmod capability for these. Bearing in mind it would have be semi portable maybe something smaller than an eq5 ?. I read about an eq3 but the tripod not up to much which is were my spare tripod would come in but any other recommendations please?.

Cheers

Steve

EQM35? Basically a EQ3 sized mount but its reinforced RA axis is equipped with a 180-teeth worm gear (same as EQ6) resulting in a slightly higher payload than EQ5.

Archived