LBN 552, LDN 1228, Cohen 129

Allinthehead

Hi all. This was as it turned out way too ambitious for my location. I had to shoot directly over my house and into light pollution from a public light. It is exceptionally feint and really needs at least double the data, but i felt it worth posting as it's not a common target on this site.

Located in the constellation of Cepheus this molecular cloud is rated as 5 and 6/6 in Lynds bright nebula catalog with 6 being the most feint. It's a tiny part of much larger complex. 

Taken over two nights in March, this is 8.3 hrs in 180 second subs.

Takahashi Epsilon 130 with an Asi 071 pro mounted on an Az Eq6

Stacked in APP

Processed in APP, PI and PS.

Richard.

1050102902_New_neb_starscopy.thumb.jpg.c57fe7bcc396f9ba7e5ac034fe44857f.jpg

4 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Hi all. This was as it turned out way too ambitious for my location. I had to shoot directly over my house and into light pollution from a public light. It is exceptionally feint and really needs at least double the data, but i felt it worth posting as it's not a common target on this site.

Located in the constellation of Cepheus this molecular cloud is rated as 5 and 6/6 in Lynds bright nebula catalog with 6 being the most feint. It's a tiny part of much larger complex. 

Taken over two nights in March, this is 8.3 hrs in 180 second subs.

Takahashi Epsilon 130 with an Asi 071 pro mounted on an Az Eq6

Stacked in APP

Processed in APP, PI and PS.

Richard.

1050102902_New_neb_starscopy.thumb.jpg.c57fe7bcc396f9ba7e5ac034fe44857f.jpg

Even just looking on my phone I think this looks great Richard. Nice and dusty! You certainly wouldn't know it was shot through LP. 

On 28/04/2019 at 15:21, Rodd said:

A lot of dust in there.  I think its great and you should finish!

Rodd

Thanks Rodd.

On 28/04/2019 at 15:48, Xiga said:

Even just looking on my phone I think this looks great Richard. Nice and dusty! You certainly wouldn't know it was shot through LP. 

Thanks Ciarán looks good on phone, not so great blown up, needs heaps more data.

Archived