Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2403 - very big and dusty

johnh

SPX350 F4.5, EQ6mod, ATK16-HR.

LRGB = 114/15/15/15 RGB 2x2Binned.

Imaged near the corner of my roof with slight breeze blowing escaping heat onto image making focus difficult and resulting in a very soft image.

Could not find this galaxy at first as I could not see it even though it was there all along but the nucleus was so faint and not very well detached and yet it is a big bright galaxy at 70 degrees dec.

The result is not too bad but it needs h alpha because it has big HII regions - it needs more subs to fill the whole frame with spiral arms, could do with 6 hours but I don't have the time unfortunately to do this object full justice.

Thanks for looking, JohnH.

A creditable result JH, even though more data would surely have given you more structure in the spiral arms. They are beginning to materialise in this image as can be seen. Is your setup such that you are limited to the time you got.? If so, it is a shame, because as you said, a bit more would have made a big difference. A good image nevertheless.

Ron. :thumbright:

Archived