M51 - Whirlpool Galaxy, with my new ASI1600

Per_jensen

So i got my new ZWO 1600mmc Pro the other day, and i had a clear night right after (wow.. right!?) This camera is so damn sensitive compared to my DSLR, it's just awesome! I went for m51 in LRGB and gathered alot of data. Unfortunately some heavy winds caused alot of discarted frames. I'm still to learn how to use the camera also :)
Processing could've been better, but i'm learning Pixinsight and refusing to use Photoshop untill i'm able to produce an okay picture in PI :D

I might have overdone it on the saturation, i really need to calibrate my monitor!

Scope: Skywatcher 200pds
Guiding: Skywatcher EVOGuide 50mm + ZWO 120mm
Mount Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
Camera ZWO 1600mmc Pro @ Unity gain

Framecount: 

L 109 frames of 30s = 54 min
R 72 frames of 90s = 108 min
G 69 frames of 90s = 103 min
B 115 frames of 90s = 172 min

jQd9_YPAknN7_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.png

Just now, Per_jensen said:

What is the reason that you cant? :)

Hi, Every time I add the L data in PI all I seem to get is a mono tone image. It is RGB but all the colour seems to get washed out and cant do anything with it. Most frustrating.

4 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

Hi, Every time I add the L data in PI all I seem to get is a mono tone image. It is RGB but all the colour seems to get washed out and cant do anything with it. Most frustrating.

Yeah i experienced the same, but i just tweaked the "lightness" and "saturation" options in the LRGB combination tool, an that made a really big difference :)

Just now, Per_jensen said:

Yeah i experienced the same, but i just tweaked the "lightness" and "saturation" options in the LRGB combination tool, an that made a really big difference :)

Thanks, I will give that ago.

10 hours ago, simmo39 said:

thats so good, I wish I could get my L rgb data to work like that!

10 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Have a look here

https://barrywilson.smugmug.com/PixInsight-Tutorials

Very nice image, btw

Archived