Strange lines in DSS

Or more importantly how do I fix it..?

Hi all,  has anybody seen these strange horizontal lines before? 

They are on all the individual subs when loaded into DSS, strangely it’s only the subs taken this week yet when I view them in Fitswork, Fits viewer or individually in gimp they are not there. I’m hoping I’ve just messed up one of the settings in dss while fumbling around and not ruined two nights of subs.

i have deleted and reinstalled DSS but that hasn’t helped any.

any suggestions most welcome 

Doug.

just to add it’s only the horizontal lines, the vertical lines are the result of taking a picture of the screen with my iPad 

1CB6CD09-6A22-445D-AFD6-29F6C34D5B87.jpeg

I've seen this before. I used to get it when I first started imaging with my Atik 383L and using fits files. Tif worked fine. 

There's a setting that needs to either be ticked or unticked but I can't remember what it was at the moment. I'll try and figure it out and get back to you if I remember. 

Do you have the below setting ticked? If you do, try unticking it. 

As you can see in the 2 images below, when it is ticked I get a similar image to yours. The first is when "force use of unsigned values when signed values are stored" is ticked. The second is when it's unticked. 

DSC_3191.JPG

18 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

DSC_3192.JPG

that’s sorted it.

that little tick box has had me tearing out what little hair I have left this morning and I came within millimetres of chucking all my subs in the recycling bin. 

Very relieved thank you very much.

Archived