NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6-R and The Sky X Pro

ejdavis

Hello,

I have recently acquired anEQ6 R Pro which will be in my observatory and would like to operate it through a direct cable link from my computer.  I bought the necessary Lynx cable from FLO and have the mount connecting happily to EQMod and also to Carte de Ciel. However, I cannot get it to connect to The Sky X Pro which I would prefer to use. In truth I am unclear what settings I need in The Sky X and also which Ascom driver to choose.  I have already downloaded the Ascom Driver for The SKy X.

Can anyone with a similar set up please give me some advice?

No personal experience but this lengthy topic on the CN forum deals with EQMod and EQ6-R. The Sky X is also mentioned quite a lot from page 2 of the thread with successful outcomes. :smile:

Also this page on the Ascom site deals especially with The Sky-X and Ascom which may help.

Alan 

TheSkyX works well the EQMod in my experience. Follow the setup guides and get it talking to the mount, then in TheSky just configure the the telescope to use ASCOM and choose EQMod in the drop down. You should then be able to hit connect and the display should pop up and you'll be good to go.

Archived